Planning a move to New Jersey this summer? Help your kids transition with a great summer camp experience. Whether you’re looking for a summer-long trip or just a few days of fun, there are dozens of camps throughout New Jersey for kids of all ages. Check out some of our top picks.
Special Needs Summer Camps
For parents of children with special needs, finding the right summer camp can be stressful. Luckily, there some great options in New Jersey, including:
- Harbor Haven – a camp for children with mild special needs
- Camp Star – a camp for children with developmental disabilities
- Camp Nova – an overnight, week-long sleepaway camp for young people with developmental disabilities and epilepsy
Animal & Nature Summer Camps
If you have an animal or nature-loving child on your hands, they’ll be thrilled with these camps:
- Watershed Nature Camp – At Watershed Nature Camp, campers will spend their days wandering around in nature, exploring the 930-acre reserve, building shelters, catching butterflies, hiking, and more.
- Dapple Hill Farm – This summer camp provides children and young teens with a unique opportunity to not only ride horses but also work directly with foals.
- Sacajawea Day Camp – If your camper isn’t ready for overnights quite yet, the Sacajawea Day Camp is the perfect alternative. Here, kids can take up archery, try cooking, get an adrenaline thrill via zip line, or go horseback riding.
Art and Theatre Summer Camps
Does your kid love theatre? Have a great voice? Whether visual or performing arts, there are camps galore for talented kids and teens in New Jersey. For performing arts, some of the best camps are Broadway Bootcamp, Elefante Music and School for the Performing Arts, and the McCarter Summer Theatre.
If your child is more interested in visual arts, there are countless options for this as well. Try the Visual Arts Center of Somerset County’s day camps for children up to 5 years of age, day camps and classes at the Zimmerli Art Museum, week-long camps in ceramics and other arts at The Center for Contemporary Arts, or day camps at Around the Corner Art Center.
Other Summer Camps in New Jersey
These suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. You’ll also find space camps, science camps, sports camps, dance camps, and just about everything else. Girls Who Code even offers a free coding and technology camp for girls in New Jersey.
If you’re in the market for a home in New Jersey, contact BHHS Fox & Roach. Our real estate professionals are local experts who can help you settle into the right community for you and your family.