This elegant stone colonial found in the heart of Philadelphia's Main Line was custom built by Wallace and Warner in 1930 for the president of the Pennsylvania Railroad. It is perfectly located on a bucolic lot in Northside Haverford, highlighted by lovely plantings and pool. Brentford Road is a quiet lane accessed through historic wrought iron gates which were once the entrance to the original estate. The house is beautifully proportioned, with many deep silled windows permitting sunlight to fill the gracious rooms. While this is a classic house with all the hallmarks of yesterday, it has been thoughtfully updated throughout to accommodate a modern lifestyle with a great room immediately adjacent to the kitchen. The formal rooms are highlighted by moldings and wainscoting, and there are hardwood floors throughout. The large chef's kitchen features generous counter spaces, permitting two chefs to cook in tandem. The traditional floor plan allows for both large scale entertaining in the formal areas, or more intimate gatherings centered around the cook's kitchen and sunroom. Upstairs there is a large master bedroom suite with a lovely marble bath, two walk in closets and a dressing area. Three bedrooms have en-suite baths, providing privacy for all residents. Two bedrooms share a jack and jill bath. The outside spaces feature a newly redone 20 x 40 foot pool surrounded by an adjacent flagstone patio and lush, well maintained plantings. With a premiere location, proximity to schools, clubs, and major highways this elegant home is perfectly situated to provide both convenience and privacy to its new owners.