The original clapboard house was built in 1927 for Charles Mather and was called "Avonwood Lodge".Charles Mather a Main Line scion, was the owner of the historic "Avonwood Court", an Edwardian manse, and built "Avonwood Lodge" as a wedding gift. The home is one of the Main Line's premier properties sitting directly across from the Brentford Gates. The property,on over an acre of wooded land, is bordered by "Trout Run" stream. The house is a classic 3 story colonial that has undergone extensive renovations over the last 22 years. The first addition to the home in 1928, added a 2 story addition - a bedroom, bath and kitchen. In 2004 construction nearly doubled the size of the house adding another addition with a 3 car attached garage, 3 bedrooms, a new bath, 2 offices , universal bath and a mudroom. There is also a detached 2 car garage, 2 slate patios, and outdoor fireplace in addition to the 5 indoor fireplaces. The gunite pool was built by Armond Aquatech. There is a southern exposure sunroom, a partially finished basement with separate laundry room, and there are 2 more laundry areas on the second floor. The kitchen and bath cabinetry was designed and installed by Petersen Kitchens of Bryn Mawr. The house sits on a wooded lot accessed by a winding drive. Installed on the property are lawn sprinklers and a generator. The tree trunk wood carving was created by Marty Long for the owners. Owner has a PA real estate license.