Weatherly a borough in Carbon County, Pennsylvania, located 12 miles (19 km) northwest of Jim Thorpe and 28 miles (45 km) northwest of Allentown. Early in the twentieth century, there were silk mills, foundries, a candy factory, a fabricating plant, and a cigar factory. In 1900 2,471 people lived there, and in 1910, the population was 2,501. The population was 2,612 at the 2000 census. Weatherly's elevation is 1,100 feet (340 m) above sea level. Originally called Black Creek, it received a name change to Weatherly in 1848. Clock-maker David Weatherly, also an executive of the Beaver Meadow Railroad made an agreement with the town that he would build them a clock if they would rename the town Weatherly. They changed the name of the town, the clock was built into the clock tower on top of the town's school.