Halifax is a borough in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States. Halifax was incorporated as a borough on May 29, 1785. The borough is situated at the confluence of Armstrong Creek and Susquehanna River. The population was 875 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Harrisburg–Carlisle Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Fort Halifax, was located along the Susquehanna River near the present day borough. It was a temporary stronghold for the Pennsylvania colonial militia from 1756 to 1757, during the French and Indian War. Prior to settlement by Europeans the area was inhabited by North American Indians, presumably Susquehannocks; evidenced by frequent unearthing of tools and arrowheads by local residents and farmers.
Just outside the borough of Halifax lies the Clemson Island Prehistoric District, on Clemson Island which falls under the jurisdiction of Halifax Township, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania.