Dunmore is a borough in Lackawanna County, Pennsylvania, adjoining Scranton. Dunmore was settled in 1835 and incorporated in 1862. Extensive anthracite coal, brick, stone, and silk interests had led to a rapid increase in the population to 8,315 in 1890, 12,583 in 1900, 17,615 in 1910, 20,250 in 1920, and 23,086 in 1940. The population was 14,057 at the 2010 census. Dunmore contains several schools: Dunmore High School, Holy Cross High School formerly known as Bishop O'Hara, and Saint Mary's of Mount Carmel Elementary School.