Ridgewood is a village in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the village population was 24,958, reflecting an increase of 22 (+0.1%) from the 24,936 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 784 (+3.2%) from the 24,152 counted in the 1990 Census. Ridgewood is a suburban bedroom community of New York City, located approximately 20 miles (32 km) northwest of Midtown Manhattan.
The Village of Ridgewood was created on November 20, 1894, with the same boundaries as Ridgewood Township. The Village became the municipal government while the Township remained as a school district. In 1902, the village added portions of Orvil Township, which were returned to Orvil Township in 1915. In 1925, Ridgewood Village acquired area from Franklin Township (now Wyckoff). On February 9, 1971, Ridgewood Village acquired area from Washington Township. On May 28, 1974, it acquired area from Ho-Ho-Kus.
In 1700, Johannes Van Emburgh built the first home in Ridgewood, having purchased a 250 acres (100 ha) property in 1698.
Ridgewood was ranked 26th in Money magazine's "Best Places to Live" in America, 2011.
Neighborhood Scout website ranked Ridgewood as the 6th safest city in America in its 2013 rankings of the "NeighborhoodScout’s® Top 100 Safest Cities in the U.S.
|Period||Total Sold||Average Price||Median Price|
|Archdiocese Of Newark||K-12||07104||No Rating|
|07452||4 out of 5|
|New Jersey||2 out of 5|