Kinnelon is a borough in Morris County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 10,248, reflecting an increase of 883 (+9.4%) from the 9,365 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 895 (+10.6%) from the 8,470 counted in the 1990 Census. It is a low-density, suburban community, with many parks and trails.
Kinnelon was formed as a borough by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on February 20, 1922, from portions of Pequannock Township, based on the results of a referendum passed on March 21, 1922. The borough's name cones from Francis S. Kinney, who purchased 5,000 acres (2,000 ha) of land in the 1880s for an estate that included Lake Kinnelon, and built St. Hubert's Chapel in 1886 on an island in the lake.