Elmwood Park is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the borough's population was 19,403, reflecting an increase of 478 (+2.5%) from the 18,925 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 1,302 (+7.4%) from the 17,623 counted in the 1990 Census.
Prior to 1916, the area was known as Dundee Lake, a section of Saddle River Township. Residents of the Dundee Lake area voted on April 18, 1916, to secede from Saddle River Township to form the Borough of East Paterson. In 1917, residents of the Rosemont section of Saddle River Township voted to be annexed to East Paterson. In November 1972, residents voted to change the name of the borough to Elmwood Park. The new name became official on January 1, 1973.
Elmwood Park, being located in Bergen County, has blue laws which require most retailers to be closed on Sunday.